Oneida County Sheriff's Office

Rhinelander, Wisconsin

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I file a complaint?

If you are a County resident and need to speak to an officer, you may call the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office at (715) 361-5100 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be connected to the Dispatch Center who will take your information and assign an officer to assist you.
If you have an emergency please call 911 immediately.

How do I get a copy of an accident or incident report?

Please review our records request information on our support services pages.

Where do I pay my ticket or fine?

Citations must be paid to the Oneida County Clerk of Circuit Court (715) 361-6130. Parking ticket violations (for Oneida County) may be dropped off in the red box in the front of the lobby or sent via US Mail. Please note that we do not accept payment for City of Rhinelander parking violations (yellow envelopes).

When can I visit an inmate who is in Jail?

Please review our Inmate Visitation Policy.

How can I deposit money for an inmate in the Oneida County Jail?

Money can be placed into current inmate accounts using the Stellar Teller machine in the front of the lobby 24 hours a day. If you are unable to visit our agency, you may deposit via credit card using

How do I get a Temporary Restraining Order?

Contact the Oneida County Clerk of Court’s office (715) 361-6130 for assistance in obtaining a Temporary Restraining Order.

I have hit a deer or come across a deer that has been hit by another vehicle and I would like to keep it. What do I do?

If you hit a deer or come across a deer that has been struck by another vehicle and you would like to keep the deer it must be tagged for you to possess it. To obtain a tag for the deer, please contact (715) 361-5100. (VERIFY THIS WITH DISPATCH)

How do I get a Concealed Carry Permit?

All questions and applications for concealed carry must be directed to the Wisconsin Department of Justice

Does your agency providing fingerprinting services?

Our agency does provide fingerprinting services. The proper fee of $25.00 is required and the subject must provide their own fingerprint cards. Most employers will provide you with the cards, but if you require further information on how to obtain fingerprint cards please contact the Corrections Division at (715) 361-5180. Fingerprinting is done on Fridays during the following times: 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.

I have a lost or found animal, can you help me?

You can report a lost or found animal to our Dispatch center at (715) 361-5100. In addition, you may wish to contact the Oneida County Humane Society at (715) 362-5992 for assistance.

Employee Login